Urban Landscape Design
With over thirty years of landscaping experience in Nanaimo and mid Island area, our award-winning team has the landscape design experience to take your dreams and turn them into reality.
Urban landscapes are tough environments, traffic, concrete, pollution are just a few of the challenges we face when creating a sanctuary for a client. Typically there is limited space to work with and a long wish list from our clients who wish to maximize the use and function of these smaller spaces. Believe it or not the smaller the landscape is, the harder the design is to create. This is the opposite to what most people consider.
We use regenerative and permaculture design approaches to make the best use of the water and soil that is already on your site. Most people don’t realize that water is one of the most important parts of an urban landscape and this is the driving force within our designs and installation.
Most Permaculture or regenerative landscape design installations will include the following:
- Fixed price installation proposal which clearly outlines our scope of work.
- Construction schedule which details our start and finish date. If our scope of work changes we update our schedule, so you know when to expect completion.
- Aftercare manual on all our installations along with the opportunity for us to consult or help you as your landscape establishes.
Peace of mind knowing that we treat your project as if it was our own and take great care with every detail.
Where do we start? Our road map to a regenerative landscape.
Our Landscape design service starts with a quick phone conversation to ensure that your needs and our service are a good fit. After this we will meet with you on your property to discuss your goals and visions for your landscape. We look at the existing landscape features, your house or future house, and your landscaping dreams. Perhaps you entertain and need outdoor dining or an outdoor kitchen, or maybe you want to practice yoga in a peaceful, secluded portion of your property. Whatever your needs, Jaan Designs will customize your landscape with your vision, budget and your house and setting in mind. Our initial consultation is free so contact us now to set up an appointment.
We will put together a landscape design proposal based on your design objectives, typically the investment required for an urban regenerative landscape design would be between $2,500 and $4,500 depending on the size of the property and complexity of your landscape.
Our regenerative design package can include:
- A sector map showing the forces that enter your property and influence it. This might be a prevailing wind or a privacy concern.
- A concept plans: Jaan designs will produce a concept plans for your landscape, this represents your landscapes design possibilities. We build in a number of edits at this stage to take this initial concept and refine it based on our clients feedback.
- Master plan: The master plan is the modified concept with some added details added to bring more clarity to the landscape design. This provides greater clarity on how much landscaping will be required to bring your vision to life.
- Construction details: Construction details are added to the landscape design to provide both the client and contractor clarity during the installation process. Examples of this are planting plans, hard surface details, water feature details, etc.
Here’s a free gift for you:
Eight Questions To Ask Your Next Landscaping Company To Protect Yourself From An Unpleasant Experience (And Make Sure You Don’t Need To Leave a Bad Google Review Of Your Own) + The Only Answers You Should Accept